Accounting Question

Crimson Corelio crimson.corelio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:35:19 EDT 2006

In my situation I know that I'm going to be reimbursed in full for all my
business expenses.  If I didn't, I would probably go with creating a
Business Expenses account tree and logging all the expenses there, with
payments being recorded against this account to.  But since repayment is
guaranteed, I've made an Asset account called Reimbursable and I'm logging
all the charges against that.  Then, when I invoice, I'm transferring from
that account into my A/R account.  This way, it never shows up as Income
(which it isn't) and it makes my accounting a little cleaner (IMO).  Thanks
for the suggestions.

jesse