Importing QIF making new accounts

addr addr at mts.net
Tue Oct 24 08:00:47 EDT 2006

When importing from my bank Gnucash creates new accounts instead of using
exiisting ones. A search of this forum produced someone else with the same
problem back in 2005. His was caused by an OS upgrade which changed
Gnucash's setting back to USD from AUD.
In my case I am just starting and I don't see why it would think my import
is different from what I have just set (CAD). Any ideas? For my purposes the
program is not usable like this since I import from mu bank once a week.