account selection for budgets

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Oct 25 16:00:58 EDT 2006

The tutorial advises that for budgeting one should choose the accounts
of interest.  How, exactly, does one do so?

When I start a new budget all accounts show.  I am not offered a
choice of accounts, and the options (which does allow configuring the
period) does not seem to have such an option.

When I selected "estimate" it did work only on the accounts I had
highlighted.  To get budgeting at full detail, I had to expand each
item manually, then select all of them, and then estimate.  Is there a
better way?  Is this considered where one selects accounts?

I also did a filter to limit attention to income and expenses (which
is what I was trying to budget for).  Is that considered the account
selection?

Thanks.
Ross Boylan