transfer funds dialog unusable (2.0.1 on gentoo)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 26 22:50:04 EDT 2006

On Oct 26, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> Pav, Steven E wrote:
>
>>  click on an account in account tree, type ctrl T, enter amount,
>> go to
>> description field, start typing. when you have typed the prefix of a
>> description of a past transaction, it fills in the field.  *** It
>> does
>> not highlight the completion. If you keep typing, it is filled in
>> to the
>> front of the description field.
>
> this appears in the transfer dialog that pops up when you reconcile a
> credit card as well. I believe the devs know about it and there may
> even
> be a fix in 2.0.2 but I'm not positive about that.

I reported it as bug 342451 back at 1.9.6, but I still see it on
development versions as recent as last week's.

The bug itself has no comments, but somewhere along the way, Derek
made a comment that suggested it might be related to my version of GTK
+. I'm stuck at 2.6.10 until fink deals with the major upheaval of
updating cairo. I believe gtk+ is up to 2.10.something.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net