minor gnucash 2.0 irritation

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 11:09:29 EST 2006

Hi David,

2006/10/29, David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>:

> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 09:53 -0500, Philippe A. wrote:
> >    - Typed amounts are now assumed to be CENTS until the separator is
> >    found. To enter a charge of say 12$, I now have to type "12.00". In
> >    gnucash 1.8, typing "12" was sufficient. Am I the only one to be
> >    annoyed with that?
>
> Whats the setting of Edit->Preferences->General->Automatic Decimal
> Point?

Automatic Decimal Point is checked. If I uncheck the box, then digits I type
are considered as dollars. So I want it unchecked.

I think the checkbox is disabled by default. I remember playing with it and
not seeing its effect. The tooltip isn't very explicit (and I am too lazy to
read the doc).

Thanks!