minor gnucash 2.0 irritation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 30 10:20:56 EST 2006

"Philippe A." <futhark77 at gmail.com> writes:

>     I'm not sure whether you mean "import from 1.8" or "import from QIF"
>     or some other type of import?  If you're in Canada, why don't you set
>     your locale to en_CA?
>
> I'm referring to what happens when starting gnucash 2.0 for the
> first time, with 1.8 data. There some conversion is performed and I
> was thinking it'd be a good place where to ask for the default
> currency for accounts and reports.

Ahh..  Perhaps it should have "better" read the 1.8 configuration.
That wont ever be an issue going forward as we're now using GConf
so preferences will get saved across updates.  But I disagree that
the file-importer should ask you for a global preference setting.

> It does not make so much sense anymore, except for those "mixing" locales as
> I've been doing.

The preference still makes sense...

> I didn't change locale because of a misconception I had for a very long time.
> I am actually fr_CA and I avoided this locale because I thought the kb layout
> was associated with the locale, and I really didn't want the cad kb layout by
> default when ending up in text consoles. You just had me break this
> misconception. Ain't that funny!

Ahh.  *shrugs*