transfering multiple accounts

yury nedelin ynedelin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 23:29:17 EDT 2006

Hi I am very new to GnuCash, 1 day, I have imported the .QIF file in to the
Unspecified account in GnuCash. Then I have created an subaccount for the
phone bills.   So I have a bunch of these bills in my unspecified account
all with the same name and  just different dates.  Now I would like to
transfer all the phone bills, about 15 of them, into my new Phone Account.
I could do ti one by one but that seems like a waste of a computer power.

Is there  way to do that automatically ?  And so in the future if  I have a
bill from AT&T it just goes into the Phone account.

 thanks
 yury