inability to print useful reports

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Sat Apr 7 14:54:00 EDT 2007

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting hendrik at topoi.pooq.com:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 12:33:20PM -0400, hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
>>> Today I made a register report.  It showed up in a window just fine.
>>> So I clicked on 'print' to print it.  That is did -- in a font so large
>>> that the all-important numbers did not fit on the page, and I just got
>>> the date, the num, the description, and part of the transfer fields.
>>>
>>> What do I do to get a usable printout?
>>>
>>> -- hendrik
>> Well. I found a workaround -- to export the report to html and then use
>> Konqueror to view and print the html file -- but shouldn't there be some
>> way to do this within gnucash?
>
> When I use gnucash 2.0.x my reports print out just fine, so I don't understand
> what other people are seeing here.

I have had the same problem (had to export, use Quanta to change the
font, and then print from Firefox), but when I changed the screen
resolution (in switching from X11 to Xorg, the higher resolutions
mysteriously disappeared from xorg.conf), to 1600x1200 from 800x600,
that problem went away.  Check your font settings and your screen
resolution ...  and don't ask me why the latter should work.

HTH

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417