What is GnuCash for?

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Apr 16 18:33:58 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 00:53, David Hampton wrote:
> Quicken also exposes the double entry system.  It just uses the name
> income and expense *category* instead of income and expense *account*.
>
> David
i couldn't agree, although I abandoned quicken a long time ago.
it doesn't ensure that you balance, so when you put your figures in the wrong
column ie debit instead of credit, it takes a lot of work to find out what on
earth you did wrong and where it happened.

--
"I mean, like, I just read your article in the Yale law recipe, on search and
seizure.  Man, that was really Out There."