stock adjustments

Steve Kelem steve at kelem.net
Thu Apr 19 16:35:26 EDT 2007

How do I make "adjustments" to the number of shares of stock in an account?
I have the misfortune of having ING for my company's 401(k) plan.
Besides not using the public NAV for funds, they don't report the full
number of shares/units in the account.
The differences are small, but small is not equal to zero, and so
gnucash won't let me balance the account.
How do I add or subtract a number of shares from an account?  I tried
drawing the number of shares from Equity:Account Balances, but the price
per share gets munged to $10 and I get an extra line in the transaction
with a $1 price- no shares no dollar amount.

Attached is a screenshot.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Steve
P.S. I'm running gnucash 2.0.5 on SuSE Linux 10.0.