maf at chilwell.net
Thu Dec 13 17:56:11 EST 2007
On Thursday 13 Dec 2007, MARTINEZ Marcus wrote:
> I want to replace my Quick Books, so I made the switch over to Gnu Cash
> but I would like to reset the default starting point for the invoices so
> can continue with my record numbers I've been using.
> How can I do this? I'm running version 2.2.1 any information you could
> provide would be great.
The only way to do this is to edit your data-file by hand.
1. Exit GC and make a backup of your datafile
2. uncompress the data (if relevant)
3. Near the top of the data file, you will find a "counters" section - look
for the line containing gncInvoice (about line 50 in my data file)
4. Amend the integer value you find there - it should be the last invoice
5. Fire up GC and check you did it right
More information about the gnucash-user