Time tracking in GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 5 20:39:35 EST 2007

Quoting Luigi Bai <lpb+gcash at focalpoint.com>:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Okay, that'd be nice; I'm attaching an excerpt of some gnotime data.
> Don't know the OFX that would correspond to it.

I'm not at all convinced that OFX would be the appropriate way
to load invoice data into gnucash..

> In the meantime, I'm also pretty facile with XSLT, but don't know where
> to start on the guile side; if you have any suggestions maybe we can
> both take a cut at it and compare notes at the end.

GnuCash doesn't really have a way to execute arbitrary scheme code
anymore..  This was turned off in 2.0.  But if you're working off
SVN Trunk then the names are pretty much the same as the C code, but
with underscores changed to dashes..  So gnc_foo_bar would be (gnc-foo-bar ..)

On the other hand, I do believe that GnuCash should have some interface
in order to import invoice data from someplace like GnoTime.  I don't
know what that interface would (or should) look like.  At one point
there was an interest in using QSF to do that kind of import, but
that developer went away before the code was completed.  Maybe it could
get resurrected, or something else put into its place.