A/R and payments

Baurzhan Ismagulov ibr at radix50.net
Sun Feb 11 13:02:27 EST 2007

Hello all,

I'm trying to understand how A/R and payments work. I've created a
customer, added a new invoice, filled in the income account, quantity,
and unit price. I can see the correct total in File -> Print Invoice.

After that, I post the invoice to the A/R account. I can see the correct
amount in the customer report, but in A/R, Invoice and Payment fields
are empty, balance is 0.

Now I enter a payment for this invoice, giving the amount and the
transfer account. Again, I see correct figures in the Customer Report,
but the transaction in the transfer account has Receive and Spend fields
empty.

Is this how it is supposed to work? I would expect that I see the total
amount of unpaid invoices in A/R, and that the transaction in the
transfer account is filled in for me automagically from the payment
dialog. How can I achieve that?

I'm using GnuCash 2.0.2 r14936 on Debian unstable.

Thanks in advance,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/