Working on Having Gnucash Again Run

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Feb 13 21:05:11 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 17:50 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    No, I didn't. The guile version numbers for Slackware-10.2 and -11.0 are
> -1.6.7 and -1.8.0. I just built and installed guile-1.8.1.
>
>    I do have the latest g-wrap-1.9.6 installed, but that occurred after the
> distribution upgrade and before today's guile upgrade.

>    OK. I just re-installed g-wrap-1.9.6 and now gnucash wants libguile.so.12,
> and I cannot find any libguile on the system, nor can I find a package for
> it on the freerock gnome site. Sigh.

Did you reinstall a binary package of g-wrap, or rebuild it from
sources?  If a binary, then it reads like it was built against
guile-1.6, and you're trying to run it on a guile-1.8 system, that's not
going to work.  "libguile.so.12" is guile-1.6; my guile-1.8 install
provides libguile.so.17.

Also, of course, you need to rebuild gnucash after changes to either
guile or g-wrap, in case you're not...

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}