Reconsile account and subaccount is broken by user activity

Stephen Torri storri at torri.org
Fri Feb 16 19:01:14 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 12:50 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> > I went into the subaccount and did a reconciliation on it alone
> > yesterday. Now that it is done last month's transaction does not appear.
>
> Why did you reconcile the subaccount separately?  Do you have a printed
> statement for the subaccount?

I could not see a way to get a transaction from a previous period to be
reconciled. So I did the sub account.

I think I need to explain how I am using GnuCash. If I am doing
something that I should not then please correct me. My intention was to
have subaccounts for my checking account so that I could put in the
money that I was budgeting or saving for certain things. This way I
could clearly see how much money was left for groceries for example. So
this has work well for me. Is this the wrong way to do it?

Stephen