A First Gnucash LiveCD

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Jan 16 01:28:12 EST 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 17:04, Beth Leonard wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 03:11:50PM +1100, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> > So, I've got this booted and running, and I'm trying to be really dumb
> > like the accountant will be with this
> > It's a password-less login but the Xscreensaver is password protected and
> > it's neither [enter] nor gnucash...
> > Of course, I'll just reboot but this would be a little hassle for a
> > Windows user...
>
> Hehe!  Good catch!  I've got no idea how to solve this problem, but
> thought I'd send a note saying "good work."  Some day I hope to be able
> to give something like this to our accountant.  It seems like
> that day may have a chance of being in April this year.
>
> --Beth
I'm going to be using this and a usb stick; we could argue here about how this
could be revised a little to make it as easy as possible for the recipient.
And whether a card game should be included ;-)

I will need to explain to go to "Computer" choose "sda1" then "gnucash"
which then has my four files
Right click on the file and choose open with "gnucash".
I've disabled the screen saver for now (I'm doing this on another machine).

Now in my business, where I am in charge of IT Security, I would not be
permitting this to be run on my network (until I really knew what it was).
This could be quite a hassle - and if you don't have to explain maybe
you 'should have had to'  because that is simply a good policy.
Liz

--
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
		-- Ziggy