Trouble setting up Finance::Quote

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Fri Jan 19 08:37:11 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 15:33 +0300, Cory Helfrich wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I did have crypt -ssleay-pm586 installed
> (version 0.51-1). I use Fink, but I think this is the perl module you
> are talking about. Do you have any other suggestions?

Start a terminal and run the commands:

   gnc-fq-check
   echo '(yahoo "AAPL")' | gnc-fq-helper

You should get legible output from both (assuming you're willing to call
scheme legible), but will most likely get errors.  The first command is
what gnucash runs to see if F::Q is installed properly.  The second
emulates gnucash extracting a quote from Yahoo.

David