Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Tue Jul 3 00:47:27 EDT 2007

I have just downloaded and installed Gnucash 2.1.5 with no problems.

I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall reading
that the file will be converted.

The spec file is usable only under Fedora, and fc4 at that.  I should be able
to re-write it for Mandriva.  gtk-gnutella has a good two-distro precedent.

It looks as though I should be able to import my Aussie check dimensions
easily enough.  What is the significance of the hex strings at the top of
each template?

I still need some minor text changes:
(a) Font size.  I took it down from 12 to 10 last time.
(b) The cents are expressed as "dollars xx/100".  I was given a workaround to
make it read "dollars and xx cents", but the file is no longer there.

Doug.
--
Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
   - Immanuel Kant