Class accounting?

Daniel daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Jul 3 02:29:52 EDT 2007

That seems like a very complicated way to do it. First, realize that
accounts and categories are the same thing. I suggest you create an
account for each project and an account called Food. I have an account
called Groceries.

I see no real benefit in having an account for each store. But if you
really want to do that, you can create sub account, like this:

Suppose you buy from the stores "Home Depot" and "Toys R Us". If you
absolutely want to keep track of expenses per-store I would do something
like this:

Expenses:Projects:Model Train:Home Depot
Expenses:Projects:Model Train:Toys R US
Expenses:Projects:Tree House:Home Depot
Expenses:Projects:Tree House:Toys R US

Cheers,