Change "INVOICE" to "TAX INVOICE"

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Tue Jul 3 07:01:37 EDT 2007

On Wed, 9 May 2007 06:21:54 pm Andrew Greig wrote:
> Thank you, David.
>
> I had altered those locations without result, but buoyed by your link in
> the next message, I persevered and then shut down my desktop session and
> restarted.  Now I have a halfway decent invoice.
>
> In Australia we use A4 instead of Letter as our document size, so I have
> plenty of room to work with larger fonts and less rows in the table.
> The phone number is now in the centre under the banner header, I would
> like to consign it to a place under my company details.  And the The
> Invoice # would look better aligned under the words TAX INVOICE.  So I
> have a bit of scratching around to do yet.
>
> Thanks

With my alterations to cheques, i was advised to change the text in the Source
Code THEN compile.  You can't do it once Gnucash is installed.
Unfortunately, that rules out an RPM or packaged installation.  A short while
ago, there was a program on Sourceforge to take an srpm apart then put it
back together afterward, but I haven't followed it up.

HTH,

Doug (also in Australia but retired from business.)

--
I am a part of all that I have met.
   - Lord Tennyson, "Ulysses."