Help needed with split

John K. Taber jktaber at charter.net
Wed Jul 4 13:04:45 EDT 2007

Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> I don't want to butt in, but you haven't told us what the amount showing in
> Orphan or Imbalance is.  What Derek is saying is that the amount will be
> 15820.00 less  15808.20, or $11.80.  That amount is already inthe Commission
> and Fee, so in effect you are entering it twice.  The program didn't subtract
> it; that is how a split works - you have to apportion it.
>
> HTH,

This "butting in" is helpful. I would like to see more of it.

I got it finally. My major problem was not realizing that "split"
doesn't do all the arithmetic, I have to do it.

Second problem was not having an "account" category to receive the
profit from the sale. Just following the example in the doc blindly led
to puzzling results.

But I did get it, finally: gross, net, commission, profit, and capital
gains.

John