automatic interest traction

Vahur Lokk vahur.lokk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:37:27 EDT 2007

Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
> and then when i actually take the money to do the
> appropriate transactions a) move money to bank account and interest
> income account
No-no. It goes to income account immediately - first thing you wanna do
is to record it as an asset (in "Accumulated interest") but this asset
has to come from somewhere - either from income or liabilities, in your
case its obviously income. When it is actually paid out, you transfer it
simply from one asset account (accumulated interest) to another (bank
account).

As to scheduling, see my other mail, but YMMV. It may work out fine, but
I have found it way more reliable to do the math myself or get the
numbers from bank statement - and this has nothing to do with gnucash :)

Wahur, stinky conservative, when it comes to accounting