AqBanking Wizard not working in OS X

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 14 18:31:43 EDT 2007

On 14 Jul 2007, at 11:19:26 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting Online Banking set up.  In my GnuCash
> 2.1.5 build from MacPorts, Tools -> Online Banking Setup brings up
> the "Initial Online Banking Setup" dialog, but when I click on "Start
> AqBanking Wizard", nothing happens.  Here's the command-line output
> from my session; the dyld error appears when I click on the AqBanking
> button:
>
> gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disable at
> configure time.
> Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
> dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
>    Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
> ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
> Versions/A/ImageIO
>    Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libJPEG.dylib

I think this is the result of  setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. gnucash is
getting confused between the system's libJPEG and some other
package's libjpeg. In fink, I fix this by patching all
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instances to DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH before
building gnucash.

I don't know all the details, but fallback puts that set of libraries
at the end of the search path while the straight one appends them to
the front of the list.

If I really knew what I was doing, I could fix this, but I haven't
learned enough yet to propose a patch myself (and the _fallback_
approach is kinda ugly, and not really the right solution.)

> I built GnuCash (r16244) via MacPorts on 2007-07-05, following the
> instructions at <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail>,
> and using the following command:
> sudo port install gnucash-devel +guile16
>
> I've taken a look at this page:
> <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/
> Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2>

The wiki won't help on this one.

> I assume the configuration options described there are handled
> automatically by MacPorts.
>
> Here's a partial listing of "port installed":
>    aqbanking @2.2.9_1 (active)
>    gnucash-devel @2.1.5_0+guile16 (active)
>    gnucash-docs @2.0.1_0 (active)
>    jpeg @6b_1 (active)
        ^ this is what it's supposed to be, but the library path is
interfering either at run time or build time.

>    libofx @0.8.3_0 (active)
>
> My machine is a PowerBook G4 running OS X 10.4.10.
>
> Anyone know how I can get this to work?
>
> —Dan

Dave
--