documentation for 2.04 disappeared.

Bob W. Anderson bobdove at isp.com
Thu Jul 19 00:48:42 EDT 2007

Josh Sled wrote:
> "Bob W. Anderson" <bobdove at isp.com> writes:
>> After losing my entire earlier version of GnuCash and my financial data
>> , I recently installed the new versioin (2.04) that came with my SuSE 10.3.

Oops - SuSE 10.2

> It's 2.0.4.

Right

>> invited me to do so.  Whe I sought it later, neither the help file nor
>> the "Contents" were available from Help.
>
> What happens when you select the menu items?

Nothing.

> Is anything printed to the
> console

Nothing at all.

or to /tmp/gnucash.trace?

Old Noobie here.  I get lost in the terminal jungle.  Still unlearning
Windows since starting with Linux six years ago. Here goes:
	typed /tmp/gnucash.trace
		"permission denied"
	typed su  to get to root
		then /tmp/gnucash.trace
		"permission denied"

> Some distributions have a separate gnucash-docs package, but I don't think
> SuSE is one of them.  At the same time, I recall that SuSE has some
> "weirdness" regarding gnome-help.  You may want to check the mailing list
> archives to that end.

I may be remembering Help and Documentation from my old Gnucash (v 1.8 I
think.)   I also checked my release 10.2 for Gnucash docs and for Gnome
docs, but I think I have everything I need installed.  So is there a way
to get the documentation I need?

Bob in Newport