[OT] gconf (was: Re: Next questions (fuller information))

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan.N.Veelo at ntnu.no
Mon Jul 23 19:01:57 EDT 2007

Josh Sled wrote:
> Bastiaan Veelo <Bastiaan.N.Veelo at ntnu.no> writes:
>
>> I have not been following this thread, but gconf is to the Gnome desktop
>> what the registry is to MS Windows. Gconf does not run on Windows.
>>

> That's incorrect, as is the implication that we use the Windows registry.
> We use gconf on Windows in the same way as on 'nix or OS X.

Sorry for the misinformation.

And thank you for pointing this out. My own attempts to using gconf on
Windows (just a call to gconf_client_get_default) were not successful
and I could not find any hints on how to use it on windows. I have since
resorted to using the registry, but I might give it another try. Anyway,
it is nice to know that gconf /is/ cross-platform!

Bastiaan.