Enter scheduled transactions early

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Jul 27 13:00:25 EDT 2007

At Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:33:25 -0400 "Alan Hartless" <harty83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What I do with scheduled transactions that get re-scheduled (for
> > whatever reason) is to let gnucash generate the scheduled transaction
> > based on its scheduling template and then just change the date on the
> > generated transaction.  There is no need to mess with the templates,
> > once they are set up.
>
> That would work if you are working the bills after the scheduled date.
>  But when you are trying to do bills early, you have to wait till the
> scheduled date before even being able to change the date.  Unless you
> purposefully have the date set early or do as Josh suggested.

No, I just have gnucash generate the scheduled transactions in advance.
This populates my accounts with 'future' transactions, which I can
either leave alone or edit as needed.

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration