Indemnity accounting?

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 13:33:12 EDT 2007

How about creating a new income account "Insurance Indemnity
Payments?" I'm not sure what the tax implications of such
payments are, but it may be helpful at tax time to have that
broken out separately.

It also occurs to me that if there were any legal fees,
court costs or other charges incurred in obtaining that
payment you may want to create the appropriate splits
expensing those against the gross amount of the settlement.

Ron Morse