Gnucash v2.2.0 failing to launch (Windows version completely broken?)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Jul 30 14:23:06 EDT 2007

>Before banging my head against this too hard, perhaps I should ask whether
>ANYONE has managed to get the Windows version to work on a clean Windows XP
>(or Windows 2000) install?  I've tried googling for success stories,
>reviews, etc. but haven't found any...

Yes John. Under XP, installed as administrator and run as user.

That's not to say I am not experiencing some problems. But these so far
have been limited to the inability to save settings and preferences
(example: I can't turn off "tip of the day", I can't turn off the
"welcome page", I can't alter the "auto save" interval, .......). But
except for minor problems such as that, have been able to set up books,
run a parallel of paper books YTD, produce and save the appropriate
reports (and these get saved "as edited").

Michael

PS --- however it is "good" to hear that others are having "teething"
problems with the Windows release. We haven't yet heard here from
anybody who says "everything is working OK".

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.