Question on imported qfx files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 31 18:13:41 EDT 2007

Quoting Drew Hope <drew.hope at gmail.com>:

> Windows XP, Gnucash Version:  2.2.0, r16304:16306 on 2007-07-14.
>
> I currently import qfx files from two sources: a bank account and a credit
> card.
>
> I currently get two transactions for payments of the credit card from the
> bank account, one from each import.  Is there a way to tell gnucash that
> they're the same ends of different transactions easily?  At present I'm just
> deleting one, but it would be nice if gnucash figured out that they were the
> same (same date, same amount, etc).
>
> Help?

This is what the transaction matcher is for, to match to-be-imported
transactions against the already-existing transactions.  But you need
to manually confirm the matches, gnucash would rather double-import
than incorrectly match and not import.

Also, it's unclear if the OFX importer can properly deal with two OFX
transaction IDs in the same transaction.