Autocomplete/Quick Fill problems in Transfer Funds Window

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 01:18:18 EDT 2007

--- warlord at MIT.EDU wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting kasploosh at cox.net:
>
> > 1. I want to enter a receipt for groceries bought at Generic Grocery Store.
> > 2. I type "G" and autocomplete brings up "Gas Station"
> > 3. Move the cursor one space to the right and type the "e"in Generic.
>
> You missed the step "delete everything else" before you type the 'e'.

Actually, instead of using your cursor in step 3, just type "e". Using the
cursor to move one character to the right de-selects the rest of the
autocomplete; when autocomplete puts in "as Station", the text is highlighted.
If you type "e", you will replace the selected text (i.e. the "everything else"
that Derek mentions) with "e", and "Generic Grocery Store" will come up.