Can't delete Orphaned Gains w/o deleting sell transaction

Morris Walton morris.walton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 00:22:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm running 2.0.1, and somewhere along the way I ran the repair which
must have put all of the orphaned gains -usd entries into my stock
accounts.  I've noticed the orphaned gains can't be deleted w/o deleting
the transaction that they are "attached" to.  I want to delete the
orphaned gains line since i use the split to record capital gains/loss
(as per the manual).  However deleting the orphaned gains transaction
causes the respective sell transaction to disappear - as if the orphaned
gains was a split of the sell transaction (which it is not)....

How can i get rid of orphaned gains so that i can track the gain/loss as
prescribed in the manual?

Thanks,

Morris