wrong starting balance on reconcile

carpetnailz carpetnailz at researchintegration.org
Tue Nov 13 08:16:06 EST 2007

Thanks for various suggestions I received.

I decided the problem arose because somehow an $11 transaction from a
year-and-a-half ago had come "unreconciled"--I was able to see this by
checking with one of the saved early versions (nice that Gnucash saves
all those versions). I don't know if it was some kind of inadvertent
keystroke on my part or some program glitch. But re-clearing that item
balanced things out.

This case does raise interesting questions, however, about society's
dependence on electronic accounting. If these changes I've made don't
leave a paper trail, what's to keep big and "inappropriate" changes
(accidental or intentional) from being made without leaving a paper
trail?

Nailz