Multiple Currencies

Alan Larkin alan.j.larkin at ucd.ie
Wed Oct 3 05:11:45 EDT 2007

Hi all,

My accounts are in a mess after a visit to England. Can someone please explain how GNUCash should be
used to handle transactions in multiple currencies.

All transactions go back to my Visa (euros), i.e. stuff was either charged directly to it, or paid
for with sterling withdrawn on the card. I created a sterling cash account to keep track of the
sterling, but there are no conversions taking place, so in my other accounts I have running totals
consisting of both euro and sterling tranactions which is obviously meaningless.

Can anyone sketch the solution for me. I cant find any useful help online.

Please please please, Thanks.