Can not load GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 26 17:12:16 EDT 2007

Jack <jjjiom at manx.net> writes:

> Sorry for the previous information. I had transferred the file to my
> second disk to see if the prior version could open it. To no avail.
>
> zcat /home/jack/DBC | head
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <gnc-v2
[snip]

Okay, this file looks like a gnucash file.

>  gnucash --logto stderr
> gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
> configure time.
>
> Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
> * 17:44:39  CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion
> `c' failed
> * 17:44:40  CRIT <gnc.backend.file> commodity_ref_to_dom_tree: assertion
> `c' failed
>
> This command opened my other file which still can be opened.

INTERESTING..  This looks like a problem in the data file.   Are
you willing to share your datafile with one of the developers
to look at it?  This particular error implies that the commodity
parser is failing for some weird reason.

How are these data files different?