Interest Payments

Chris Darth_Sebulba05 at phreaker.net
Wed Aug 20 20:59:06 EDT 2008

---
Reply to Michael DeBusk @ Wednesday August 20, 2008. 08:24:54 PM -0400:

+ On Wed, August 20, 2008 18:31, Chris wrote:
+
+ > Certificate of Deposit (CD).   I know the opening balance, the period,
+ when interest is paid, and APY.  Is there any way that I can get each
+ interest payment to be calculated upon reconcile each month?
+
+ My bank (ING Direct) sends me a statement every month. I work from it
+ rather than tryingt to calculate anything. (The interest payments are not
+ exactly the same every period, for some reason.)

I get monthly statements too, but it doesn't tell me how much interest I was
paid, so I have to calculate it by hand.  It's a big pain in the rear.

My opening statement says that the interest is compounded daily (and I suspect
yours is too), so I'd expect the amount to differ a little each month.   Even
given that, it should still be easy for gnucash to be able to calculate it.

Is it possible to get a scheduled transaction that is based off a calculation?
Say set one up at the end of the month and have it crunch the numbers based off
the balance and days passed since last execute when it executes.  That would be
sweet.

Or worst case, have some sort of tool that can do it.  A perl
script that writes out qif files for the interest payments each month and then
import that file.

Chris

+
+
+
+
+
+ gnucash-user mailing list
+ gnucash-user at gnucash.org
+ -----
+ Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
+ You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
+