Interest Payments

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Aug 21 09:31:21 EDT 2008

At Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:24:54 -0400 (EDT) "Michael DeBusk" <michael at nlphilia.com> wrote:

> On Wed, August 20, 2008 18:31, Chris wrote:
>
> > Certificate of Deposit (CD).   I know the opening balance, the period,
> when interest is paid, and APY.  Is there any way that I can get each
> interest payment to be calculated upon reconcile each month?
>
> My bank (ING Direct) sends me a statement every month. I work from it
> rather than tryingt to calculate anything. (The interest payments are not
> exactly the same every period, for some reason.)

Compounded daily and there are a different number of days in each month...

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk