totally confused

Bob Alexander gogonegro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 06:09:03 EDT 2008

Dear friends I feel really stupid :(

Please help me setup a sensible account setup. Here is what I am trying to
model:

each month when I get my salary statement from my employer I have something
like this:

Net pay for August : 5000

car insurance : - 100
meals            : - 50
personal calls : -50
pay advance   : - 800
expense reimb: + 500

Transfer to bank : 4500

So I want to input an entry "Salary for august" of 4500 in my income account
"Employer" and link it to my checkings account "1977". So far this is easy

I also have a transports, meals and telephone expense accounts on which I
would like to track those -100, -50 and -50 entries but do not understand
how to input these

I also have no clue on how to handle the pay advance concept (my employer
having paid me 800 the months before and now this month after closing it's
assessment having given the definitive sum which can be different) nor how
to handle the expense reimbursement thing (expenses I incurred for the
company and that I receive a reimbursement for example a plane ticket).

Thank you very much
Bob