OSX Binaries for GnuCash?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 10 12:49:37 EST 2008

Hi,

Frank Marion <lists at frankmarion.com> writes:

> Could I kindly ask someone to compile the latest version of GnuCash
> for the OS X Leopard and post it somewhere that is accessible (and
> then to let us know on this list)?

Unfortunately this is easier said than done.  There is a lot of
work that goes into making a standalone .App or a .dmg installer.
So it's not something that can just "be done and given to you."
If we had one we'd be doing it already.

Honestly, going through fink is pretty easy; it just takes time
but not a lot of user hand holding.   The wiki page is pretty clear
on what you need to do.

> You would have my genuine gratitude.
>
> Thanks!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

> Frank Marion
> lists at frankmarion.com

PS: Anyone who wants to work on an OSX App-Builder to package
up GnuCash is welcome to donate the scripts!