Matching transactions

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 12:09:54 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> What I miss, is being unable to edit a scheduled transaction before importing
> it.  Don's paycheck example is perhaps the most common.
>
> Another issue is when a scheduled transaction doesn't happen on the exact day
> when it is supposed to.  The old clunky scheduler was better in this regard,
> but I wouldn't want to return to it!   Just being able to select some items
> rather than all or none, would improve things.  No doubt these issues are
> being worked on.  I am using 2.2.6 from the Mandriva 2009 repositories.

Are you talking about processing scheduled transactions, or matching
imported ones? As for scheduled transactions, it may not be obvious
but you have a lot of control over each one. In the Since Last Run
dialog, you can choose which items get processed and when -- if status
text appears to the right of the entry (such as "to create") you can
click on the text and change its status (to "postpone" for example)
before you click OK.

If you want maximum control over when a scheduled transaction gets
processed, set the reminder date some number of days before the
transaction is scheduled, so it starts appearing in the Since Last Run
dialog and you can change its status whenever you're ready. I use that
feature for automatically paid utility bills -- I schedule it for the
date it will be paid, but set the notification early enough I see the
reminder message about the time the bill is due to arrive. Then I can
change the status, process it, and change its amount to match the
actual bill.