Self loan

Fabian Hernandez fabianhm at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 16:10:07 EST 2008

Merry Christmas!

I wanted to create a saving habit for expenses in the future rather than financing them.
To do that I created sub-accounts under my savings account, one for each expected future expense.

Recently one of those expenses presented before expected, I decided to lend my self some money. In reality the money does not move when I take self load, as they are all in the same bank account, but I would like to find a way to record (as best or as orthodoxically as possible).  I would like to charge interests to myself and be able to record payments.  I though about opening a liability account with the interest calculated beforehand (added to the loan amount), but registering payments does not work as money never really leaves my savings account when I pay my self-loan.

I would like to hear some suggestions.

Regards

Fabian Hernandez

rimugú