shared-mime-info entry for GnuCash

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Mon Dec 29 12:04:32 EST 2008

Hi,

the current entry for GnuCash files in shared-mime-info used for fast
content detection mechanisms based on the file name extension on Linux
(at least in the Gnome Desktop) is the following:

   <mime-type type="application/x-gnucash">
     <comment>GnuCash spreadsheet</comment>
     [... translations ...]
     <generic-icon name="x-office-spreadsheet"/>
     <glob pattern="*.gnucash"/>
     <glob pattern="*.gnc"/>
     <glob pattern="*.xac"/>
   </mime-type>

I doubt that "spreadsheet" describes the type of data appropriately in a
lot of languages, so I ask what term might fit better.  I would create a
new bug in the freedesktop bugzilla then, assuming that translators will
readily work on the new string before the next release of s-m-i.

Additionally, is it worth adding some magic into that
freedesktop.xml(.in) file as well?

Ciao,
-- andi5