changing RUR to RUB in old accounts file

Alexey bonifaciy at mail.ru
Tue Feb 12 06:15:57 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 09:58 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Alexey <bonifaciy at mail.ru> writes:
>
> > Greetings!
> >
> > I've been using GnuCash on Debian Etch box for an year. So, I created
> > file when it was GnuCash 1.8.x with currency RUR standed for Russian
> > ruble.
> > However, there is still RUR in my accounts file and there isn't RUB
> > choice though I'm using GnuCash 2.0.5 at the moment. So, I get "Unable
> > to retrieve quotes for these items: CURRENCY:RUR Continue using only the
> > good quotes?" message as a result of "get quotes" request.
> > Question: Is there a possibility to change RUR to RUB everywhere in the
> > old accounts file ?
>
> No.  You need to upgrade gnucash to convert to the new currency.
> Your other option is to pull the changesets into your version
> of gnucash and rebuild it.
>
> > Thank you.

> -derek

Thanks for your answer, though it didn't help.
I upgraded to gnucash 2.2.2 coming with Debian Lenny distribution.
However, still when I open my file and go to window "Tools->Security
Editor" I see RUR standing for Russian ruble.
When I create new file then it's RUB but I don't need new files at the
moment. I want to continue the old tile with updated securities.

So, the question in another words:
Is there a way to edit securities ?