personal financing: how to record receiving of a gift (not fixed asset)

Davide Imbeni davide.imbeni at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 10:04:45 EST 2008

When I had the same problem, and absolutely wanted to keep track of
the "consumed gift", I solved it in the same way you suggest, i.e.
Income -> Gifts to Expense -> Wine
I don't see any need of introducing a specific asset (unless you want
to keep track of how many glasses you drink every day... :-D )

Cheers

Davide