"Find" no longer works

fml at petrel.rprc.washington.edu fml at petrel.rprc.washington.edu
Thu Feb 28 15:58:58 EST 2008

For some time now, "Find" no longer works.  If I click on Edit/Find,
several small windows open and vanish before anything in them can be
read.  This used to work!

I'm running gnucash-2.2.3 (Debian/lenny-testing).  I've similarly
whined on debian-users without getting any response.  Everything
else that I've tried works.

If anyone has any clue regarding how to make this work once more -
or even how to get more revealing diagnostic clues, I'd appreciate
it.  (I tried running it with strace but didn't see anything helpful
in the deluge.)  I haven't (yet) tried building gnucash directly.

Thanks for any constructive ideas you might have!

	-f