crash when loading file - date related

Cory Helfrich coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 4 23:14:06 EST 2008

Thanks for the clarification, Dave.

Cory Helfrich
coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca

----- Original Message ----
From: David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>
To: Cory Helfrich <coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca>
Cc: Risto Paasila <risto at longpoint.org.au>; gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2008 6:59:19 PM
Subject: Re: crash when loading file - date related

On Jan 4, 2008, at 2:14 AM, Cory Helfrich wrote:

 Hi David,

After your previous response to Risto, I assumed the problem I raised was solved, so I updated my gnucash installation using fink selfupdate and fink update-all. Gnucash ran successfully today and I did have scheduled transactions this morning that "ran when file opened". BTW, I am running on an intel Mac using OS 10.4.11. However, when I run fink list gnucash2, I get:

Information about 6710 packages read in 2 seconds.
 i   gnucash2         2.2.2-5      Financial-accounting software
 i   gnucash2-docs    2.2.0-2      Help files/documentation for gnucash2
 i   gnucash2-shlibs  2.2.2-5      Financial-accounting software

Do I have the version with the patch installed?

Yes. There's a split in fink revision numbers. For gnucash 2.2.2, -5 is the current 10.4 revision and -105 is the current 10.5 revision. The fink realm decided that 10.5 could share the same repository as 10.4. But some packages need a 10.5-specific build. In order to make sure that someone who updates from 10.4 to 10.5 can successfully update their fink packages, there is a split revision numbers large enough that the 10.4 tree revision numbers will never collide with the 10.5 numbers. (Meanwhile, there is a mechanism to keep fink users with 10.4 from seeing the higher revision number packages.)

Right now, the reason I set up separate revisions for 10.4 and 10.5 is that I decided that managing finance-quote and its dependencies was easier if I made gnucash use the system-installed version of perl. Since Apple updated from Perl 5.8.6 in 10.4 to Perl 5.8.8 in 10.5, gnucash requires separate package descriptions/revisions for the two system versions.

Thanks,
Cory

 Cory Helfrich
coryhelfrich at yahoo.ca