Upgrade Gotchas? (Especially FreeBSD)

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Wed Jan 16 10:39:29 EST 2008

> Josh Sled wrote:
> >> A bit of detail relating to this is at
> >> <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_does_Gnucash_start_incredibly_slowly_on_a_FreeBSD_system.3F>.
> >> If you uncover more or more complete detail, please update the FAQ.  Thanks
> I'm pretty sure this is no longer an issue with gnucash on FreeBSD. I've
> built it from ports on several machines and no longer experience that
> problem w/o any modifications to my env.

Hi,

	I finally found the reference materials. Was on another email account...

	I had things a little bass ackwards. There were 2 issues. The one
mentioned above in the FAQ is on the following list:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2006-March/015810.html

	With the solution mentioned in the FAQ on :

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2006-March/015822.html

	There was another issue detailed at :

http://groups.google.it/group/mailing.freebsd.ports/browse_thread/thread/d744a63b4fa4817c/c8fa1dd8089baae3#c8fa1dd8089baae3

	With a "ERROR: Unbound variable: with-load-pathname ". That was
the slib problem.

	Is your slib > 3a1_2?

		Thanks, Tuc