Linking client and vendor invoices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 18 10:08:03 EST 2008

Jannick Asmus <jannick.news at gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to associate a vendor invoice to a client invoice?

No, but it's possible to have an bill entry "charged back" to a customer.

> In GC I have seen this in the pop window while creating a new vendor
> invoice. What effect does this have and how can it be used afterwards
> (e.g. if an expense to a vendor is charged to a client)? Are GC-jobs
> getting involved here?

Nope, not jobs per se.  How it's supposed to work is that when you
mark a vendor-billed item for chargeback that entry will appear
in the next customer invoice window, but unattached to the invoice.
You can click on the "Invoice" column to attach it to that invoice.

There's been one bug report that these items continue to appear
even after attached to an invoice, but I haven't reproduced that
or looked at it.