Gnucash crashes upon start-up

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 00:16:08 EST 2008

resending to list, because my mailer did something strange...

On Jan 27, 2008, at 9:13 PM, Kaylene wrote:

> I finally got gnucash installed on my mac OS 10.4.  When I launch it
> in X11 I get the following message:
>
> Application "GuppiPlugInSpec" (process 16940) has crashed due to a
> fatal error
> (bus error)

Guppi is from gnome 1. Sounds like you're trying to start gnucash
1.8.something. You really want gnucash 2.2.something.

If you happened to use fink to get gnucash installed, you'll need
'fink install gnucash2' to get the latest version. However, once
installed, you still launch it with the command 'gnucash' in an X11
terminal window.

Dave
--
David Reiser