Net Income missing from Balance Sheet

Tony Nelson tonyn at openlearning.com
Mon Jul 7 16:49:21 EDT 2008

Yes it is different than Retained Earnings.

Both QuickBooks and GnuCash show the same "Retained Earnings" amount,
which relects historic retained earnings through the end of the prior
fiscal year.

GnuCash, does not show a line item for Net Income, which is the earnings
for the present fiscal year to date (at least that is what it is with
QuickBooks).

Note: GnuCash does show the proper amount of net income on the income
statement, but this amount does not show up on the balance sheet (as it
does with QuickBooks).

Again, many thanks!
--Tony