Payable Aging Report Totals column produces error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 9 13:45:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

Quoting Gene <genestairs at gmail.com>:

> Hi All:
>
> Has anyone encountered this error, or know of a way to work around it?
>
> When I select the Payable Aging report it shows a list of bills due,
> etc, etc.
>
> If I click on the company name, it opens a window showing me the info
> for that particular vendor.
> However, if I click on the value in the Total column, Instead of getting
> a report, It opens a report with a tab title of "Vendor Report" and this
> text:
> Report error
> An error occurred while running the report.
>
> What I was hoping to do was be able to click on the total amount and
> then view details for the background on the amounts due to this vendor,
> hopefully the invoice details along with payments processed.

That's exactly what the Vendor Report would give you, if it were
working.

> Is this possible or can someone point me in a direction to try to
> accomplish this?

You don't say what version of GnuCash you're using.  I believe
there were some issues but I also thought they were all fixed by 2.2.5.
Check your gnucash.trace file and your console messages for
any stack traces from the report.